There is also an advanced-level camp for 13- to 15-year-olds during Week 7 if registration is sufficient.
For more program information and the camp registration form, click here.
We kicked off our new unit in 7/8 with a sushi-preparation demonstration. By the end of our unit, each student will demonstrate the preparation of a favorite dish en français! We reviewed strategies to help us understand a sushi recipe in French. We discussed:
- making predictions
- skimming or scanning the text quickly to get a general understanding of the material
- observing illustrations and photos
- making connections with previous knowledge
- searching for mots amis (word friends--French words that are similar to English words)
- searching for familiar words
- observing titles and sub-titles,
to name a few!
In Grades 3/4, we celebrated two birthdays in the classroom this week. Each student prepared lovely cards full of kind sentiments, en français! Creating birthday cards gives students an authentic opportunity to communicate, to practice the use of adjectives and to explore new vocabulary.
Sports is "on the menu" in 4/5 and in 5/6, shortly.
Our "Question of the Week" will be "Où habites-tu?" (Where do you live?") and its response, "J'habite à Winnipeg."